Wednesday, August 30, 2006

As if I had Never Left...

There’s really nothing quite like it. You sit down and wait patiently for your big blind. You’re dealt KK on your first hand, raise it up, bet on all streets and lose to some maroon who hits his gutshot straight draw on the river of a paired board.

Good ol' Party Poker, it's as if I had never left indeed.

After datamining the place for a week (Including a 21000 hands import that put my Laptop KO for approximately 8 hours ) I was finally ready to sit down and play with some Donks.

Seriously, were the players always this terrible?

It’s ridiculous how three or four morons would be in for the ride all the way to the river on every second hand. Don’t these people care about money? And where the hell DO they find all that money? And yet, the biggest net winner in my week of dataminig is a calling station who sees over 48% of the flops and never seems to fold a hand. He made almost 1K just last week. Long run and all but damn, that’s a lot of money for a LHE 3/6 player.

I’ve adapted well to the change. I’m up about 90$ after ~ 400 hands after being down a bit on the first day. I’ve been getting reamed with big pocket pairs again but that should solve itself in a bit. I’m also clearing a reload bonus at the same time so I’m expecting a nice 75$ boost in the near future. I’ll gladly take it.

I played the WWDN yesterday but I didn’t do well. I started off fine but I was guilty of committing one of the cardinal sins of Online tourney play: Thou shall not open cash games while playing a tourney. I bounced not too long after making suspicious plays with suspicious holdings. I REALLY need to work on that.

I don’t think I’ll be able to play any Poker either today or tomorrow as I have plans with friends. I’m off work on Friday but I have a bunch of errands to take care of + a home game in the evening.

It seems my only gambooling in the next few days will be to dump a 1100$ on the Steelers and hope they can pound Miami by at least 5 points to earn myself a cool grand.

Yup, I definitely need help...

1 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

GL amigo. GO STEELERS !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home