Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Seven Day Itch

Seven days ago, I snatched the silver in a blogger event for the second time in the past two weeks. Running well? Surely it plays a part but I'd like to think that my willingness to play more hands after the flop, making more moves on 4th and 5th street and seeing way more showdowns has helped improve my results tremendously. And these successes are not only related to < 100 blogger fields, I've gone fairly deep in other 400+ tourneys recently as well. The significant cashes are not there yet, but I'm sure those will come when I start playing bigger buy ins tourneys regularly.

The transition to 6-Max is still going quite well. I'm now over the "dealing with the swings" part of the game and I'm just loving the idea of seeing tons more flops and constantly having to make read based decisions and such. I'm telling ya'll folks, you are greatly missing out if you limit yourself to Full Ring. Shorthanded usually means worst players, action junkies, more hands and most importantly, bigger pots. I've played over 5000 hands any my results, so far, are decent. I'm not “Crushing the games” per se but I'm not embarrassing myself out there either. I've reloaded the max at Full Tilt and I'm data mining the 3-6 tables as we speak. Looks like this will be my next destination once I'm done with the never-ending Pokerroom Bonus.

BTW, are the Sens pathetic or what? Granted I'd rather see them struggle now than in the Postseason (again) but it's really quite appalling that the high salary players are, without ONE exception, the worst players on the roster. Now, obviously, this will not last, but it is beyond ridiculous. With that said, I really hope they split Heatley from Spezza soon. Heatley is good enough by himself to carry a franchise on his back let alone one line. I say pair him up with Fisher and Schaeffer and watch him do his stuff. He'll be more useful that way than waiting for feeds from “Giveaway” Spezza.

I'll see you guys at the WWDN tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home