Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Three-Peat!!

I final tabled the WWDN last night which, I believe, makes it three final tables in my last three blogger events. I guess it's safe to say this donkey is running hot. 6th place was my final destination last night, although it should have been higher. Or lower, if you consider the god-awful suckout I pulled out with less than 15 players remaining (JJ against KK, spike a J on the turn).

This ride to the final table was not smooth sailing through and through in the least. I ran into monsters all night long. QQ, KK (twice), AK, it just never stopped. It sure as hell didn't help that I horribly misplayed my middle pairs and an embarrassing handling of a small pair of 3's led to my demise. In a strange reversal of fortune, I won a HUGE pot with QQ besting AK only to lose all those chips with AK against QQ a few hands after. I'm pretty sure I won the rest of my races after that so there's your definitive answer as to why I've been so successful in these lately.

I did win a few $ at the cash games which is always nice to see. Nothing major, but it's a win. Hopefully I get to squeeze out better results tonight. Can't forget the Mookie either.

On the fantasy Hockey side of things, so far so good. I'm in the top three of the 50 person pool at work, trailing the leader by maybe 4 points and I'm leading the one with my friends. While, this obviously means NOTHING, the season is all of two weeks old, it's still better to start up at the top than bringing up the rear. If I can avoid the ridiculous injury bug this year, I can do some real damage in these things.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out to The Mookie last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home