Thursday, March 16, 2006

Knowing when to Stop

Started off well, finished terribly. Had pretty much won everything I had lost the day before on Titan only to end up losing most of it again getting sucked out or rivered in a bunch of big pots. What can you do? I’m still way up on Titan and I did clear the amount of hands to get my Poker Source Online points. Why am I stil steaming then?.

Because, the only person to blame here is myself. I got greedy, thinking I could quadruple my buy-in playing these morons. If I had settled for a double up, everything would’ve been fine. The lesson here, I guess, is it’s better to leave while you’re a wee bit ahead (like, say, doubling up) than stubbornly sticking in the game hoping for the huge score. I really believe that you’ll end up winning more in the long run by settling for a bunch of smaller wins rather than pushing for the Grand Slam.

I did book another 100$+ session at Full Tilt last night so I’m now over a Grand on that site. Pretty sweet. The PokerTracker numbers for my 3/6$ on there are a ridiculous 4.35 BB/100 over 2000 hands, which basically means that a huge downswing is on the way. I can’t wait!

Also got my Laptop yesterday. Too say that I’m stoked would be an understatement. It’s absolutely gorgeous and I just can’t get over how HUGE the screen is. I’ll probably have mucho fun grinding on this baby. To make things even better, I’m gonna be able to hook up another monitor to this baby and 8 table at ease. Just.Cannot.Wait.

I also signed up for the HUC3 hosted by Veneno. I’m an absolutely pathetic Heads Up player so I’m not expecting to tear the house down or anything. I’ll be Grade A Primo dead money in that thing. Should be cool to meet the new folks though.

See you all there!

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Looking forward to meeting you on the virtual felt.

Good luck in HUC3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home