Thursday, October 19, 2006

All good things...

Well it was a good run. My consecutive blogger final table appearances ended at three. No one to blame but myself for this one since I simply did not show proper respect to the tourney. In case you hadn’t figured it out, I had a couple of cash games tables opened, trying to kill off bonuses while playing the tourney. +EV this is not, if anything, it made me play poorly in both.

I don’t remember much from the tourney, I really didn’t play that many hands. I won two respectable pots while defending my blinds with absolute air and lost a fairly big one to DoubleAswhen I re-raised his opening from the button with AJo only to see him come back over the top all-in for a pretty much my whole stack. I had to let that one go. My next key hand was a double up when I stood up to the table bully Huntsvegas Poker. Now this guy had a HUGE stack, at least 3X as big as anybody else at the table. He had gotten into the habit of open-raising every single hand that was folded to him and lord knows they were plenty of those. Having enough of this crap, I pushed from the BB with 10-5s on another hand where he pulled off his spiel . A really crap hand, but I really just wanted to see him stop this nonsense. He calls me with J7s. Ooookay. I guess he figured he’d be live. He did spike a J on the river but that one card also happened to give me a flush. C’est la vie.

I got dumped not too long after. On_Thg made a 3 X the BB opening from the CO and I made it 9 X the BB from the small blind with AQo. He cold called the raise. I pushed the flop of unders and he insta-calls with Jacks. I blank turn and river and IGHN.

Complete donk move by my part and I definitely deserve to be sent home for it. I really wasn’t paying attention to the table so I didn’t have any clue if he’s the type to steal-raise a lot nor did I even give him credit for a hand when I pushed. I’ll be back at it again next week, hopefully this time I’ll bring my focus to the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home