Friday, June 29, 2007

Seeking Tournament Success

Poker, to me anyways, is oh so cyclical. If you followed this blog for any amount of time whatsoever, you'll notice the same patterns repeating over and over again: Me loving Poker playing 1k hands for 14 straight days followed by me being bored with Poker and barely playing a hand in a month (ditto for posting here). Can't really help it, I've been like that all my life.

My recent switch to NL cash games has propped up my interest in the game again. I'm motivated and really looking forward to sit at the tables and get some hands in on a daily basis. The results have been more than acceptable, so that obviously helps a whole bunch.

The biggest difference this time is that I really crave playing tournaments. I don't really know where it came from but something just clicked and I keep daydreaming about making some kind of big score. We're NOWHERE near that yet but at least I'm playing in these things so that's a first step.

I went fairly deep in the Daily Double A on Tuesday, outlasting 667 of the 757 entrants before I pushed my queens into kings to send me home packing. The payout was laughable, 20$, not even breaking even since I registered for both events. Note to self, win tokens and play tournaments where actual money is being handed out.

The 14K on Monday was a bit more disappointing. I was really looking forward to playing this event since it's a double stack and the cost is a modest 26$ token. That thing was a grind from beginning to end. Couldn't catch a card to save my life and my steal attempts kept getting re-popped to the point that I was steaming and impatient. I met my demise shortly after the first break when my all-in re-steal with KJs ran straight into the BB's kings. Fun times!

All this to say that you can now expect to see me in the player's list of many of those 14k+ guaranteed tourneys on Full Tilt (ID: Papi Justify). Hey, I'm just some kid having big dreams of making a big score in this game. I'll probably play a bunch on Sunday and Monday (Although I'll be missing the Big game due to other obligations, lame I know) so hopefully we get to sit together at a final table! One can only hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home