Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Don't Call it a Comeback Part 27

Huh, hi! It's been awhile hasn't it? Don't REALLY have a good excuse for not posting anything in nearly four months except that life got in the way. And whenever life gets in the way, Poker tends to take a backseat. I hardly played a hand in three months and while I'd really like to entertain the masses with the non-Poker events in my life, I'm quite simply too poor of a writer to try and take this blog in that direction.

But what have you been up to in these past months Mr. Artiste?

In no particular order: Attending my brother's wedding, organizing the bachelor party for my brother, broke up with my girlfriend, got buried under a shit-ton pile of work, reaching the playoffs for the first time in our indoor soccer league, losing promptly in the first round of said playoffs, intently following the NHL playoffs (Go SENS!) and destroying my Poker bankroll.

WHAT?

Well not destroying per say, but pretty much withdrawing all but 1K of the 10K I had earned in my 18+ months career. I didn't want to take any chances when Neteller announced that they were pulling out of the Canadian market so I pretty much hightailed it out of there leaving 500$ apiece on Full Tilt and Cake Poker (Rakeback you see).

and then what?

I've been playing sporadically. I've definitely quit min-bet Poker. Done. Finished. I simply couldn't stand rebuilding a roll playing 1-2$ limit so I moved up to the Cadillac of Poker, NLHE. So far so good, the results have been positive and my passion for the game seems to be renewed somewhat. I've been playing the absolutely dreadful 25$ tables but I am now on the verge of moving up to 50$. At that point, I'm hoping that I'll be able to grind out a nice little amount of Rakeback and kick the rebuilding phase into high gear.

I've been playing the Mook for the past weeks. I final tabled last week (finished 4th I think) and I landed well into the points the week before. If feels a little bit odd to be overjoyed at winning 80$ but such is the state of my roll those days and I'll take whatever I can get.

So yeah, catch me at the Mook tonight. My schedule is clearing up so hopefully I can manage to do this blogging thing more than once in a while.

Don't call it a comeback just yet...

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Welcome sorta back

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Nice to see your carcass is still alive.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger L'artiste said...

Yes, alive and well gentlemen. Work is dead now and non-Poker stuff seems to fade away also. This can only mean more time to post.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home