Monday, January 15, 2007

Quick Weekend Recap

I spent relatively few days on the virtual Poker tables this weekend; I’ve been fighting this nasty flu/cold combo that doesn’t really put me in the mood to do much. The few hours that I played were quite successful so that’s definitely a bonus. The weather has now turned to fully shitty for us Canadians so I expect to find plenty of hours to grind it up in the upcoming week.

I did spend quite a few hours in front of the boob-tube watching the NFL playoffs though. What can I say about the results? Nothing disappointed me more than the Sand Diego Chargers gift wrapping that game to Tom %$#&*# Brady and NE. I mean wow, how many chances did they have to bury these twats? The stupid head butt, Rivers’s HORRIBLE lob pass getting picked, the 4th down pick/fumble when a fucking DROP would have put the game away? By far the most ridiculous post-season display I’ve seen in quite some time.

I won’t say a word about the coaching. I mean you have the MVP of the league on your team who’s carving up the defence at will whenever he touches the ball and you somehow take the ball away from with 4:00 left in the game with possession? And go with an inexperienced QB who’s having a shaky game at best? WTF? That’d be like the Chicago bulls running their offence through Horace Grant instead of Michael Jordan. Geez…

What’s worst? We’ll now have to deal with weeklong media dick riding of Brady and Manning in a ridiculous gag fest of epic proportions. I figure it’s going to be New Orleans-New England in the big game.

I don’t have much about the games on the other side except for this: You have to admit that’s it’s pretty hilarious to hear various media outlets describing the Bears victory as a game Grossman didn’t lose. How insulting is that? Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home