Monday, March 20, 2006

A Weekend of Contrasts

This weekend was, shall we say, interesting. My plan was to run through 2500 hands on Party Poker to clear two of the March Madness triple bonus. Things started off on the right foot as I cleared the first bonus for a total profit of 220$. Very nice. I then proceeded to drop all of that the next day PLUS an extra 300$ the day after. I’m pretty sure I made some mistakes in there obviously, but there was also lots of crazy beats in there, big pairs getting cracked, sets getting destroyed by the river, etc.

I pretty much decided to quit Party Poker that day. I used whatever points I had left to order a cool set of beer glasses and I cashed out the rest of my money. I’ve known for a long time that it was time to retire from Party, at least temporarily, but I always lacked the motivation to do it. Well, no more. I’ll play primarily at Full Tilt from now on, I’m getting RakeBack there anyways.

On the bright side, I did win back all those funds lost at Party playing that crazy loose gold mine that is the 5$/10$ full ring table at Titan Poker. Good lord these players are idiots. I’ve won 100+$ pots with pocket aces when two or three idiots will call me down all the way to the end with suited junk like J6 or K3. Unbelievable. I already tripled my account over there and I plan on tearing that game wide open for a long while.

With my bankroll at an all-time high, I’m probably gonna be moving permanently to 5$/10$ full ring. I’ll start with two tables for the time being and see where it goes but I’m not really intimidated by those stakes anymore so I should be alright. Wish me luck.

On tap for the week: 1000$ deposit for a 200$ bonus on Pokerroom and the HUC3. Should be a good time.


Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home