Tuesday, April 25, 2006

D.O.A at the D.A.D.I

The tournament, for me, was a grind from the get-go. With the blinds really low, I picked up some really nice hands but my raises folded everybody. Chips were pretty hard to come by, I never managed to get my starting stack over 3500. It was that bad.

What finished me off was the arrival of Tournament Chip leader Drizz at our table sitting to my left. Really hard to make some steal attempts when this beast re-raises your entire stack on a whim. To make matters worst, I picked up some really decent holdings while he was in his blinds and he still wouldn’t hesitate to re-raise me for all my chips. Arghhhhh…

As Drizz kept crushing and eliminating everything in sight, we were moved to another table. Drizz followed me there but he was away from me at this point. This table though was filled with stacks around my size, if not smaller, all waiting for prime opportunities to push. In other words, to make a move, you needed a hand. I pushed with KQs only to be called by some short stack that had me barely covered, with pocket 9’s. He flopped a set and rivered quads to banish me to the rail and that was that. Frustrating but fun. I’ll get ‘em next time.

I’ll try to put in some time at the limit tables tonight. My exile has lasted long enough and I’m ready to make some money again. I’ve decided to play at the Party Network for a little bit; I just like the freedom of finding tables at whatever stakes you wanna play.Let’s see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home