Friday, July 13, 2007

Close but no cigar



The above screen shot was taken on Tuesday night, mere seconds after I busted out of the 24K. It was a good tourney, had a blast and that was my best tourney score in quite while. Kinda said ain't it? The most frustrating part is that I was tournament chip leader when the tourney was down to three tables. What happened? Lost some big races, paid off some people stupidly and, my biggest sin, a definite lack of aggression in the final tables. Looking back, I realize that there was many spots where I could have put in a 3-bet with weaker holdings but I lacked the necessary "mmph" to pull the trigger.

I'm still rebuilding the roll so I' won't spit on the 250$ but man, anything over 1K would have been HELLA sweet. One of these days...


Hoy has been raving about the 50/50 lately but the structure in the big money guarantees are pretty much all the same. 3k starting stacks, 12 minute levels and ridiculously god awful players in the early stages that simply seem to be hurry to hand over their chips. There's definitely an opportunity to make money here since these things hardly ever become push-fests and actual talent can come through in the end,

I really need to work on my aggression in the later stages of these tourney though. With the ante's and blinds being so large at that point, stealing blinds is important, yes, but stealing raises is even better. I'll experiment more with this in the upcoming week.

The 50/50 sounds really down appealing lately. I'll try to play it at least once this week. I'll enter those satellite frenzies and hopefully I can make it in on my first try.

This weekend should be pretty much all about the cash games. I'm attending a wedding reception tomorrow and a World Cup Under 20 quarter final game on Sunday. I'll try and fit as much Poker as I can in between all those events. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home