Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Yup, still seeking...

I've had a few more attempts at the 17.5K but nothing extraordinary to show for it yet. It's a really nice tourney to play, double stack and the field is usually less than 1000. Problem with it is that it starts at 2:00 in the afternoon. Stupid work.

There seems to be an alternative on the horizon though. I read on KOD's blog that the 26k guaranteed, and it's 8:00 PM start time, is now a double stacker? I'll probably take a shot at it tonight.

My strategy for these tournaments seems sound. I hardly ever bust out by getting blinded out and having to push with ATC or any ace; my nemesis has been to run into bigger pairs at crucial stages of the tournament (read: the final three tables). If for freaking ONCE, I could catch a break like that , I could maybe make some kind of score, although I'm holding my breath.

Cash games are going fine. I'm doing a better job of not overplaying top pair and making the big lay downs. I've been all about the breakeven lately but I'll take that over the losing any day.

Now that the BBT is over, I'm a little bit disappointed to see that the fields have shrunk so dramatically. Seriously, the Mookie crashed from a weekly 70+ runners to not even 40 in a week? Come on. You're probably all thinking, isn't this the guy who played a grand total of 7 events? (Might actually be even less). If I could have played more, I would have but I simply could not find the time. I'll still try to make it to the Blogger events but they will be taking the back seats to the daily guarantees, that is, until I make a big score. (Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease happen soon)

I'll see you guys out there.

Labels: