Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tough night

Got reamed badly last night. Dropped 4 buy-ins in 153 hands. Just not pretty. I checked my PT stats afterwards and my 0% hands won at showdown was worthy of a few lol's. Thankfully I quit the cash games right then and there before this whole thing degenerated into an all-out disaster.

In short, my QQ in the big blind was greeted by AA in the small blind. AK < A3 when some idiot keeps calling my over-bets with A crap kicker and he rivers his second pair. Flopped trip kings with KQ only to lose to a flush on the river and finally, got all my chips in the middle from the BB with AK against some 65% lag who calls with 77 and I promptly lose to a 2-7-2 flop.

GG cash games.

With cash games being out of the question for the rest of the night, I register for the 15$ 50/50 satellite. I chip up early and double up when I win a race with AK against 99. I have a nice stack but I doubt it's going to be enough to reach the magic 35 number. I pick up some chips here and there but I'm starting to fall behind and I need some chips. I finally find AK under the gun and I open for 4X the big blind. All folds to the SB who pushes it in for 600 more. I obviously call. He flips over Kh-Jh. lol. Flop: Ah-2h-2x. Care to take a guess on how that one finished?

So I'm now crippled and a few hands later I call an all-in push with Ad-8d. I spike an ace on the flop to beat 9-9 and I'm back in this thing. I pretty much fold my way into the tournament from there.

505/50 started off well, I chipped up quite nicely by winning two pots with 10-10 and JJ. Yes, this donkey was catching cards. I took my first hit when I defended my big blind with Qd-8d against a player who had been raising every hand that folded to him in late position. The flop comes up Q-10-8. Now I know this player will CB every time so I check with the intention pushing on his bet. He makes it easier for me by pushing himself. I call and he flips up KJ. 9 on the turn completes the straight and I lose a nice chunk of my stack. Great.

A few hands later, I open from the button with Ks-9s. BB pushes it in, the raise is not that much more and I'm getting two to one on my money. I have a fairly decent hand and at that price I decide to make the call. He flips up AK. I flop a 9 but an ace falls on the turn and I'm now crippled. What a freakin' night this is turning out to be!

I'm in push and pray mode now. A late position raiser makes it 3x BB to go and I push for 1k with 3-3. He insta-calls with Qh-Jh. Flop comes xh-xh-x. So I now have to dodge one bazillion outs to make it. I don't like my chances. Turn J, IGH.

GG tournaments.

GG Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home