Monday, May 01, 2006

Time to get back to work

I haven’t played a single hand of online poker since the DADI 5 last Monday. No Poker pretty much means no blogging. I was pretty much involved in the NHL as well as the NBA playoffs. Now that the Ottawa Senators are through and not likely to play a game ‘til next Friday, I can back to the virtual felt. About bloody time too.

The break was definitely nice too. I get the feeling that I was playing a bit too much out of necessity and not really to have fun. While it’s obviously always enjoyable to rake in the dough by the hundreds, this mentality leads to a ridiculous stress that is oh so unnecessary.

I did think a lot about the game during my time off, especially my objectives and where I really want to go with all this. For instance, why this virtual 5 digit bankroll goal of mine? As it is, my bankroll allows me to play most games at the 10/20 level comfortably. Hell, I could reasonably buy-in into 100$+ tournaments on a daily basis if I really wanted to. So why? Why put this overbearing burden on my shoulders? Why stress myself into earning X amount by X date? To validate all of this and give it a purpose? Or is it to prove myself that I’m a winning player?

Those answers I have yet to find. All I know is I’m pretty much ready to get back at it. Time to have some fun. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home