Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Live Blogging the WWDN

In the efforts of improving my dreadful, rapidly decreasing tournament game, I will be live blogging the WWDN this week. If I know someone out there is reading whatever it is I'm doing in these things, I'll be less likely to act like a chip spewing moron (Yah right...)


- Initial table: S.Nickerson, GRobman, aquaverse, Yours truly, Garthmeister, Maudie and Serne. Decent turnout tonight, 65 peeps

- First hand dealt is 3-9o. Mucked

- While this is going on, I'm checking out the girls of Hollywood Poker. And boy, do I ever wanna do all kinds of nasty stuff to Mary Castro

- Well that was quick. First table is already broken (It took about 4 hands!) when Maudie's pocket 8's go down in flames to AQo who rivers a flush

- New table: Mungo36 aka Guin (MIA at this point), mamboking79, xkm1245, R-Gee, myself, SirF, TransFish, Garth and NewinNov

- Hammer's been dropped already

- Haven't seen a flop yet, nice cards but not good enough to play this early

- Win my first pot (700 chips) in a battle of the blinds where I flop top pair and R-Gee calls me all the way down with second pair

- Only 3 people gone so far

- Lose a few chips in a battle of the blinds where I now have middle pair and he has top pair

- Mungo is now in the house

- Still checking out the chicks at Hollywood Poker. I am now in love with Ashley Dorezo

- I might dump her for Erin Muller though

- Currently down to 56

- I've still haven't seen a flop outside of my blinds.

- And I am now out in 53rd. Ran QQ into Guin's KK and that was all she wrote. With blinds at 15-30, he made it 100 to go, I bump it to 300 and he pushed. I'm almost getting 3-1 so I make the call and IGHN.

I could've laid that down but the odds were good and I wanted to get some chips early. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Couldn’t find a decent 5/10 LHE game afterwards so I pretty much called it a night. It seems I need to find another Poker room to play with. Come next month I might migrate to Absolute Poker. They offer continuous bonuses AND you can collect rakeback while clearing ‘em. Sounds good to me.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Guin said...

Sorry for ending your live blogging so early. Can you explain the math behind how you thought your odds were good? My recollection is my reraise was to approx. 1400 and you already have 300 in so 1100 to win 2730? So 2.5 to 1... but what range of hands would I need to raise EP and then reraise all in... if you put me on AA or KK 50% of the time on a preflop reraise and AK 25% and AQ (it better be suited!) 20% and junk 5%... 10% win against overpair, 12.5% against AK, 16% against AQ, 5% against junk. 43.5% win rate unless you put me on a much looser hand range. So it looks like you were getting just over 2.5 to 1 on your money and you were 2.2 to 1 to win. Pretty close to me but I could have the hammer and you would have been dead in the water!

I might have had a bit more chips as the wife was learning how to steal pots a bit early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home