Monday, May 29, 2006

Holidays Holidays!!

Summer's in full force kids! Sorry for my lack of updates and posts in general as I've been away on holidays. It's summer ya'll, turn off the damn computers and get yourselves some sun!

My first excursion of the summer was at Canada's finest amusement park, Paramount Canada's Wonderland. It's pretty much your typical amusement park, thrill rides, overpriced junk food and dumbass teenagers. We had a blast over there, myself and two friends. Well, at least two of us did. One of the guys got sick in one of the rides early in the day. He usually handles'em well so Lord only knows what happened there, but his day was pretty much shot to shit.

Other than that, me and the crew have been hitting the clubs non-stop. Again, it's summer ya'll, the absolute best time of year to scope out the ladies in their finest summer outfits. Besides, most girls are up for a good time at this time of year *nudge* *nudge* *wink*wink*.

Still, this is a Poker blog and I'd like to think of myself as somekind of a Poker player so let's get back to that. I really haven't been playing much lately, but whenever I've been playing, I've been winning. I Crakced open the books (Small Stakes Hold'em and Winning Low Limit Hold'em) and I retooled my game big time. Let's just say my game picked up QUITE a few leaks during the past few months. I will try to hit the tables hard in the next few days since I'm heading out on another excursion next weekend, Le festival mondial de la bière (That would be the Beer Festival for you english folks) .

Tonight is the DADI Pot Limit event. I've never played a Pot Limit tournament before, but it doesn't really take a genius to figure out the subtle nuances of the game already. Pot Limit is more of a drawing game than No-Limit. You can't go all-in on the turn to chase away the calling stations and, well, chasers. Mostly, it's really about manipulating the pot size and inducing your opponents in making lots of mistakes. It should really be interesting.

I hope to see you guys tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home