Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another WWDN flameout

Man that tournament is really starting to piss me off.

Let's recap; it's pretty much the same damn thing that's been happening in this one for me lately:
  • Build myself a top five chip stack by the first break? Check


  • Donk off chips by stupidly trying to bully the table waving my big stack like a big stick demanding respect? Check


  • Completely annihilate said stack by running big hands into monster hands for ¾ of my stack? Check


The Coup de Grace was applied by Garthmeister this time. A short stack moved all-in and I reraise to isolate with my pocket jacks. Garth moves all-in behind, I barely have him covered but the pot is laying me 3-1 so I pretty much have to call unless I'm sure he has AA-KK or QQ. Yup, he had KK. I actually flopped a jack but he also flopped a king, so I was pretty much destined to go broke on that hand.

Oh well!!

Cash games have been running a bit smoother lately. I made around 400$ in the past two days on various web sites but lossed about 140$ on Full Tilt. It seems FT hasn't received the message that the "repeated kicking’s to my junk" era is coming to an end and they should consider letting it go soon. Why am I still playing there? Rake back. Most specifically, working on their stupid signup bonus so I can get paid fully.

Here's the deal, most websites will not allow you to receive rake back while you're clearing bonuses. You pretty much can't have your cake and eat it too. Had I put any thought into this, I would have deposited the absolute minimum on the site, and I'd be enjoying fatass 200-300$ rake back payments instead of the scrap that I've been getting for the past two months. Let that be a lesson to you kids out there, if you're gonna register to a new website with the intent of getting rake back, deposit the absolute minimum amount that the site will allow you to. You'll end up getting paid quicker and better rake back than those stupid never ending signup bonuses.

I don't really know if I'll have a chance to hit the virtual felt tonight. I’m heading over to some friends for some beer and Poker so my time schedule is a bit cloudy at this point. Hopefully I can manage some dough in this one also.


Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home