Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Playtime’s over, time to get back to work

Ugghhhhh!
-------------------------

- Me this morning hitting the snooze button for the umpteenth time while dreading heading back to work.



Fuck you work, you suck.

Kiss my ass.


*Ahem*


Well, it eventually had to happen. Holiday don’t last forever. It was good while it lasted but I was one of the many who was headed back to work after a way too short two weeks of, well, not doing much really. Those, btw, are the best kind of holidays. I pretty much lost the knack for heading out to 1084556 zillions places and ending up coming back more tired than I was before I left in the first place.



With that out of the way, I can say that whatever time off I had was pretty well spent. I did manage to play lots of Poker and wins decent amount of moniez, got my drank on like three gazillion times and I also got to indulge in my fair share of eating binges that would surely send me to an early grave were I to repeat them on many different occasions.


While I truly enjoy the slacking off, the family gathering and the booze, one annual tradition stands out for me whenever the festive season is upon us.

Boxing day shopping.

A lot of people in my surroundings would probably describe myself as somewhat of a tight wad. (That would be putting it nicely, penny pinching, tight fisted c*nt would probably be muttered by some...). The one day where I truly make an exception is December 26. It is but the one day where I’ll gladly drop hundred’s of dollars on stuff that are nowhere near essential, beyond superfluous and just, well, that I REALLY don’t need but hey, I gots to have my fun too.

Two years ago it was a 600$ digital camera that I’ve used maybe twice. Last year I picked up a 700$ home theatre system that I have yet to take out of the box (you see I was waiting to pick up a 50+” Plasma monster to hook the whole thing up but I lost focus somewhere along the way)

This year: Well, I actually was more conservative in my spending. Presenting, the Samsung 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor (225BW) that is now residing next to my laptop.



Pretty fricking gorgeous my friends. I had a bit of a hard time setting it up to it’s maximum resolution (needed to update my stupid video card drivers) but once I got that all figured out, Whoa! My laptop monitor now looks like a Tandy Monochrome piece of garbage standing next to that monster. I have yet to try playing DVD’s on it, I’ll definitely be up to that this week, but yeah, that was my frivolous spending of the year.
I also picked up these Swank PC speakers for 10$ (down from their regularly listed price of 50$). A pure boxing day deal, although it will be nice to finally get the laptop off those godawful internal PC speakers.

What about boxing day 2007? Meh, we’ll see once it gets here.


Thanks for coming. Tomorrow I’ll probably put up a short recap of the year that was and my objectives for the upcoming year. I’m expecting big things for myself in the Poker World for 2007, sort of like my coming out party which I can’t wait to share with whovever is left reading this sorry excuse of a blog.



‘Till next time!!


***Edit****
Wouldn’t you know it, this was actually my centenary post! As in a 100! Never thought I’d make this far to be honest. Hopefully I can reach that X 10 in the upcoming years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home