Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A decent night

Dabbled in three different areas of Poker last night and found some success in all three.

It all started off with my usual grinding of the 3-6 6max tables. After finding myself stuck a somewhat significant amount, I turned it around to a 200$ profit. The yo-yo was then headed back in the other direction so I decided to put an end to the madness with a 100$ win. Not the best but I’ll take it.

I then proceeded to finish third in the WWDN. Unfortunately for me, this was quite possibly the smallest turnout I’ve ever seen at this tournament. The prize pool was 300$ for Christ’ sakes! 48$ for third place, how sick is that? I don’t remember lots of hands, it definitely played like a three table SNG. I won most of the races I was involved in (AK beats sevens, KQ beats 10-10 and queens best AK) to give me a pretty solid stack when the game was down to three players. I then pooped the bed making loose calls here and there and finally get myself eliminated by eventual winner Maigrey on a 60%-40% flip (me being on the 40% side of things.) Hoping for a similar result but a better turnout next week for sure.

After my tourney bustout, I decided to load up the various Poker sites on my laptop to try and find some money that I might have forgotten about. Turns out I had about 350$ sitting in Titan Poker.

The whole Titan story is really a tragedy. They were a really decent medium size network that was incredibly FILLED with fish. Enter the online Poker ban. Since that tragic day, this site is nothing but garbage. LHE is pretty much dead except for the 0.50/1$ games and what’s left is some of the tightest rock gardens ever known to man.

I checked out the NLHE games and to my surprise, they had a LOT of ‘em going. I personally don’t mind playing at Titan since I’m getting 35% rake back on that network. So if there’s anyways I can get some hands in at that site, I’ll be more than happy too. So for the first time in my life, I sat down at a .25/50$ NLHE table. I played somewhat tight aggressively. The table seemed fairly tight. You’d rarely see re-raises of any kind, most pre-flop raise would end up taking down the blinds, etc. I played these games for about 30 minutes, just enough to get my first stacking. I was dealt pocket aces in the CO when I see the UTG player make it 2$ to go. All fold to me so I bump it to 8$ total. He calls. Hmm. The flop come 9 high rainbow so I bet about 2/3 of the pot. He calls. Hmm. The turn is an absolute blank , and villain check raises me all-in. I figure he has some kind of over pair and I make the call. He tables KK and I pick up his stack. Yeah! We’ll be doing more of that for sure from now on.

As much as I’d like to play the Mookie tonight, it seems I will have to miss out. I’m a little bit tired and it seems I might be coming down with some kind of cold. I’d rather get this shit now than during my X-Mas holidays so I’ll deal.

Have fun out there!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home