Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Focus

Didn’t play any Poker, was just WAY too tired. Went to bed early and slept like a baby.

While working out at the gym, I did think a little bit about my game. My play has been pretty erratic lately, focussing more on results and increasing my bankroll than solid play.

One of the biggest reasons why I’ve enjoyed some success in this game is my discipline. I never jumped up limits too early, always making sure I got a perfect handle of the caliber of play at one level before moving on to the next. I waited for my roll to hit 2 Grand before moving on to 2/4 and 3 Grand before sitting in at 3/6. The plan was to permanently make the switch to 5/10 when the roll hit 5k. I guess all those winnings at the 5/10 table on Titan went to my head a little bit and I started thinking I could crush any 5-10 table no matter what. Turns out I was wrong since my 5-10 play at Party and Full Tilt has been extraordinarily average, to say the least. While the caliber of play at these limits is nothing special, I still don’t really feel like myself when I play there. I’m not as aggressive as I should be, missing bets here and there, calling WAY too much instead of raising, etc.

If the stakes in your game affect the way you play, you’re playing above your head.

No more, no less. Time for me to reign it in a little bit. I’ll still play that 5/10 at Titan but I’ll stick to 3/6 everywhere else.

HUC#3 Bracket is up and it seems I’m being paired with Jordan, Todd Commish and the Poison herself. Nice! What a freakin’ horrible draw for me. I never expected to win but I would’ve appreciated something softer. Those are the breaks I guess.

My new DSL modem/router is in so I’ll pick that up tonight. Hopefully we can get this Laptop online and I can finally play at reasonable hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home