Monday, July 10, 2006

Back to the drawing board

After a wonderful month of June, July is off to a dreadful start where I’ve been dropping out BB’S out of my arse crack as if it was gonna out of style. Seems like my downswing is back in full force. *Sigh*

Limit Hold’Em is a pretty straight forward game. Nut peddling really. You sit and wait for your good hands and you play them hard. That, and that alone, should be enough to make you a winning player at the lower limits. Problems arise when those good hands go down in flames to a bunch of mouth breathers who’ll play any suited two and river trips or 2 pair to crack your aces, kings, etc. over and over and over and over...You get the point.

What to do? There’s nothing you can really do about it. A hiatus will not work. You have to ride out a bad streak. It’s pretty much a never ending cycle, sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down. They really call it the grind for a reason, it’s all about grinding out a few measly BB’S here and there and somewhere down the road it should lead to some kind of change in your back pocket.

My best advice would be to drop down limits. If you’re gonna play entire sessions without winning a single freakin’ pot (Happened to me a few times this week) might as well be doing it at the 1/2$ table instead of the 5/10$ table.

Not that I’m getting Rakeback at a few websites, I’m starting to wonder if I should move back temporarily to the land of Party Poker. I just miss the terrible players and it might be a good idea to splurge around in there to repad the roll. I’ll see how the rest of July unfolds, I might be overacting a the moment, but it’s definitely something I’ll keep an eye on.

BTW, while checking out WSOP updates on the Cardplayer website, I stumbled upon this new Pokerroom, Naked Poker. There are no words. I haven’t laughed this hard in weeks. Let’s make it NSFW just in case. Some of their promotions are quite interesting, one of them being winning a date with a Penthouse model (I guess Playboy girls have too much class to hang out with Online Poker geeks). Can you say disaster waiting to happen? I’m sure Miss Penthouse will be thrilled to hear some 21 year old 16 tabler with a winrate of 4.5BB/100 go on and on about why putting in that 5th bet on the river when his 17 outs draw missed on the end might be +EV. Poor girl.

Anywho, I probably won't make the MATH tonight but the WWDN should be a go so hopefully I catch you guys there.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home