Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bubble Boy

Well last night was a first: I was bubble boy in a live tournament. My last hand? Pocket aces. I shit you not. Douchebag chip leader felt it was his duty to call every all-in at the table and he kept winning the showdowns going in with the worst hand more often than not. His Q6s turned a straight to send my rockets down the crapper.

I played alright, I was also very fortunate to catch some cards. I received aces three times, which is crazy since I’ve never received them once playing at that place before. I doubled up with them once, picked up the blinds on the second and the last time was mentioned up there. I had a decent stack but I was constantly meeting up with resistance whenever I was making a move on the blinds. Basically, I couldn’t build myself a huge stack so most of my tournament was spent grinding it out with an average sized one. Maybe next time.

I need to come up with some sort of plan to create a myself a serious live bankroll. I dipped into my wallet to pay for the tournament last night. You’d figure someone making thousands a month could somehow withdraw a 150$ every once in a while to create a live roll. Which is what I plan to do.

I had some pretty good results running cash games this weekend although I did hit some kind of snag yesterday. I’m really excited about hitting the tables tonight to win some of that back.

I still have that 25$ that Party Poker put in my account which I’ll blow on a few 10$ tournaments. I haven’t cashed in a tournament in a decade, I figure it’s bound to happen soon. It would be all kinds of cool if I could manage to bag a huge score using Party’s free money. Crossing fingers.

WWDN tonight, I should be there so hopefully ya’ll will be too

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home