Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cash games goot, Donkaments baaaaddd

Yesterday shall be referred to as a night of contrasts for as high as I reached in one aspect of Poker (Cash games), the depths that I’ve stooped to in the Donkaments kinda spoiled the night for me.

While the amounts lost in tournament buy-ins is relatively small (I think the net loss was 20$ for the tourneys), the way that I got bounced was quite simply ridiculous. I don’t think I made it past the 15 minutes mark of ANY tournament I bought in for last night.

First up was 10$ 180 SNG on PokerStars. In what was probably the 6th or 7th hand of the event when I flop two pair from the BB holding Q-6 on a Q-9-6 board. Since there’s about a zillion limpers out there, I bet big to pick up the pot right away. I’m pretty satisfied to end up with only one caller. The turn brings a 10. I jam all my chips in to deny any draw that is out there and the idiot calls me and flips up K-10. I guess he figured it was a good time to play for all his chips with middle pair + gutshot. And what the fuck was that flop call about? He rivers a 10 and his trips send me packing. NH sir.

I proceed to grind myself 10$ at the 1/2 6-max tables and buy into another 180 SNG. I chip up quite nicely early against a bunch of idiotic calling station and sit a few hundred short of a double up at the 10 minute mark. It all goes away when I pick up KK UTG and make it 3x the BB at 90 total. Some tool calls from MP before the CO makes it 250 to go. Hmm. I respond by making it 600 and he replies by sticking a 1000 in.

Doesn’t the 4th raise mean Aces?

Yes, yes it does, and when I jam my stack-in I am not surprised to see them flipped up and IGHN.

I am DONKEY!!

Back to the 1/2 6-max table, grind myself another 10$ and givin’ it a final go.

In what was perhaps the 5th or 6th hand of my THIRD 10$ 180 SNG of the night, I pick up QQ in the SB and witness the entire table limp in front me. I jam and I am insta-called by the BB. Shit. Everybody folds and the BB flips up Ah-Kh. With the way my night was going so far, I pretty knew I was fucked right then and there.

BTW, nice call with AK there, moron. Probably some idiot who learned the game from watching WPT final tables where AK is the pre-flop NUTS of PushBot Poker. They do it on TV ya’ll, I’m doing it to!!. Playing for my whole stack on a coin flip in the first level of a tourney is where it’s at!!. Pokr Rullez!!!

Flop brings two hearts. Fuck me, 15 outs to dodge twice. I don’t like this. Turn is a black 9, IS THERE HOPE? Nope, river brings the 6 of hearts and IGHN.

Oh well there’s still the WWDN, where I know I won’t get called by AK in the first level of the tourney if I ever decide to push. I hope so anyways!

Early second level, I find QQ (yup, those bitches again) in EP and make 4X BB to go. I am called in MP by XXX (Name withheld to protect the stupid), and everybody else folds. Flop is Q-10-X rainbow. Hmm, nice. I pretend to be weak by betting half the pot. He calls, I put him on AQ or A10. Turn is 9, I bet half the pot again and he calls. Hmm, I’m a bit confused here but I figure I’m still ahead. River is a complete rag and I bet 2/3 of the pot and he re-raises me all-in. WTF?? I have a hard time seeing how I can fold three queens in this spot, beside most of my stack is already in the pot. I make the crying call and he flips over KJo for the turned straight and IGHN. Dear lord, nice call with a crappy dominated hand like KJ after and UTG raise. I will admit that my milking bets did give him the right price to stay in on the flop but seriously K-J off?. Just one of those nights I guess.

On the + side, I won 350$+ playing cash games so the whole evening was obviously not a waste. But man, do these tournaments beats ever kick the shit outta ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home