Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kickin’ it Live

Tonight will be a special night. I’m heading to a live tournament that will have over 250 runners. This is by FAR the largest live tournament I’ve ever attended.

It’s a charity event. 35$ of the 40$ buy-in will go towards charity. Prizes will be distributed even to Gigli so it won’t be a life or death big time pressure affair but still, pride will be on the line.

The first or second post in the history of this blog relates my first live tournament. The field was pretty big, the stakes were higher and I didn’t have a freakin’ clue about what I was doing. I didn’t know about fishes, donkeys, re-raising, bankroll, pot odds, position, etc. It’s insane how far along I’ve come in two years. I’m not where I want to be right now, but I have a feeling I’m heading in the right direction and the best is definitely yet to come.

I guess we could say that tonight is the night where this whole Poker thing comes full circle for me. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate it than a really nice showing (IE Final table) in this tournament. It won’t be easy but if I can play solid and focus all the way through, I believe I can go deep in this thing. We’ll see.

******



The Mookie was alright last night. I came in 15th. I had built myself a pretty nice stack but I horribly bluffed off half of my stack while the blinds were really big (a beginner’s mistake really) and I finally met my demise when I pushed AJo into FishyMcDonk’s AK and IGHN. On the plus side, I won more money than 1st place at the Mook by playing 3/6 SH after the tourney so all in all, it was a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home