Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Break Time

All right, I think I've pretty much nailed all my goals for the month and it's time to take a little break to soak it all in.

July has been a great month. I've played tons of hands and I've managed to reach 700$ in Rakeback. The fact that I mostly played 50$NL should tell you that is quite a shit load of hands to run through in a month. Yes, yes it is and I'm now on the point of a burn out so It's safe to say I've earned a few days break.

My play in the past few days shows the effect of wear and tear. Playing through the motions like a robot tends to bring result that are less than optimal. I would often make stupid borderline calls, get caught making one too many fancy plays, chasing without getting the right odds, etc. The proof is in the pudding: In the last three days on Full Tilt Poker, I've managed to play more than 3.3K hands. My net result for these past three days? 3, 70$.

That's not a typo.

And that's not counting the debacle on Cake Poker either. Sheesh!!

I'll gladly take this one on the chin and debate that, at the very least, it's not a big hole that I dug myself into. But I definitely need to stay away from the laptop for two or three days. I've been more tilt prone lately and am just generally mentally exhausted. My hasty exit in the 50/50 is enough proof of that. I'll spare you the details, they're embarrassing enough for me to keep to myself.

I probably would have been unable to play tonight due to prior obligations and my brother is hosting a home game on Wednesday. Thursday is still up in the air at this point but I could easily find myself something else to do by then. As of right now, all signs point to me returning to the tables on Saturday at the latest, which I believe is perfectly acceptable.

My plan moving forward will be to move up permanently to the NL 1$ level. I don't think I have much more to prove at the 0.50$ level anyways. I've beaten those games consistently at a 10BB/100 clip through 50k hands which means I'm definitely ready to graduate. I am currently rolled for NL 2$ so the money wont' be an issue either.

I've dabbled in the 1$ stakes before so I won't be intimidated by the money all that much. I guess my target for the next few months is to hit a decent win rate for the next 50K hands and reevaluate from there if another vertical move is in order. My main priority right now is to deposit 2K on the Ipoker network. The games look ridiculously soft and I'd like to build something down there. I would now have my bankroll split across three sites: Full Tilt, Cake Poker and Titan. I figure I could two table on all three sites and play 6 tables at the same time. I'm so smrt!!

So enjoy the next few days, I won't be a threat to your money for a little while!

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger kipper said...

Whats your screen name on cake so I can avoid you?

lol

Kipper

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dillo said...

Nice work! This is what I started blogging for. To learn more about how other peeps go about managing their bankroll. Limits etc. Would you be so kind as to cruise on over to my blog and make some suggestions? Thanx in advance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home