Monday, March 27, 2006

The Dark Side of Variance

After turning my 300$ deposit on Titan into 2300 $ playing some 5$-10$ LHE over the course of last week, Variance reared it’s ugly head this past weekend and dropped my ass back down to 1600$. Not to shabby, I’m still up 170BB on the site after all, but DAMN if it’s not mightily depressing to sit down at a table for hours and lose hand after hand after hand after hand...

The funny thing about this game, most specifically variance, is if it wants you to lose, you ARE gonna lose. Period. No way around it. Actually, there is a way. Quit. Quit when your aces are cracked 3 times in an hour by suited junk hands like J-6. Quit when your flopped top two pair gets rivered by some mouth breathing maroon, who calls you all the way down with bottom pair, rivers trips. Quit when your flushes get sunk by runner runner full houses every single damn time. Just. Freaking. Quit.

I really believe that’s the next step I need to take in my game. Quit when I’m not running well, hell even restrain myself for playing and cut my losses short. I’m not doing this for a living anyways, and if the urge is just too much, I can just play some MTT’S and try to make some kind of score there.

This week should be fairly busy. I’m almost through my Pokerroom reload bonus, I’m down a 100$ right now (what else is new) but my play has picked up and I’m expecting to finish in positive numbers. I will also be reloading 600$ for 50% on Titan. Last but not least, I will E-mail Aussie Dave to setup our HUC#3 match. Did ya’ll know that AussieDave actually lives in Australia? I figured he was just some Aussie guy living in the States or something, but nope, he’s actually down there. So our next task will to schedule a poker match in times where both of us can actually stay awake and be comfortable enough to plays these matches. What’s the time difference again, 14 hours? *Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home