Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Variance is quite the tease isn’t she?

After three straight days of non stop runner runner bullshit and the most improbable and impossible bad beats, I sit down yesterday to find donkeys tripping over themselves to hand me over their money. Unbelievable.

And this is exactly why I NEVER want to do this shit for a living. The swings would just kill me. I’m a 3/6 and 5/10 LHE player so we’re talking about relatively small amounts of money. Can you imagine starting a session being stuck 5k? Or a two week losing streak that tallies over 80K? Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll stick with my Government job with full benefits and a healthy pension plan rather than this crazy ordeal.

I’ll probably finish my Pokerroom reload bonus tonight. I have about 80 hands left and I’m currently ahead 150$. This is the perfect spot to be in at the end of a bonus, I can pretty much sit back and wait for the nuts and hope for the best. It’s nice to clear a bonus with some freaking profits for once.

Was watching High Stakes Poker, and man, do I feel for Phil Hellmuth. Having pocket queens cracked by fucking EIGHT DEUCE has to be rough, especially in a 30 000$ + pot. But man is he ever playing badly. He’s really only there cause it’s on TV and he gets to promote himself, but I now understand why he stays the hell away from the big game at the Bellagio. He’s ridiculously outclassed in this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home